HEQEP Logo Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP)
A project of
University Grants Commission of Bangladesh
Ministry of Education, Bangladesh
UGC Logo  Education Ministry Logo

Academic Innovation Fund (AIF)
About AIF
How AIF Works
Objectives of AIF
AIF Coverage
Eligibility for AIF Grant
Eligible Entities for Submitting Proposals
Proposal Submitting Disciplines/Subjects
AIF Effectiveness Condition
AIF Investment Windows
Indicative Sub-projects
AIF Allocation
Indicative Eligible Expenditure
No n-Eligible Expenditure
Performance Indicators
Proposal Submission Procedure
Formats for Submission of Proposals
Institutional Arrangements for Proposal Evaluation/Selection
Proposal Selection/Evaluation Period
Duration of AIF Sub-Projects
Performance Contract
Financial Management
Monitoring and Evaluation
Environment Management Framework
Project Implementing Authorities/Committees
UGC AIF Secretariat (UGCAIFS)
Area Review Panel (ARP)
UGC Board for AIF (UGCBAIF)
Project Steering Committee (PSC)
Project Implementation Committee (PIC)
AIF Allocation

The financial resource package will be distributed in two rounds of proposal calls for the entire duration of the project. The 1st round of call will be given soon and the 2nd round at the end of 1st year implementation cycle of the 1st round of AIF sub-projects. 35% of the total AIF budget will be available for the 1st round and the remaining 65% for the second round. The breakdown of allocation among the three AIF windows will be 40%, 40% and 20%' respectively. Furthermore, in each window the allotted fund will be again divided as follows:

Under Window 1, 75% of the available fund will be allocated among Science and Technology based sub-projects, 15% to Humanities, Social Sciences, Business Studies and Law field and 10% to Self-assessment purpose.

Under Window 2, Science and Technologies will get 85% and Humanities, Social Sciences. Business Studies and Law will get 15%.

Under Window 3, University-wide Innovation sub-projects will get 100% of the fund. No fractions are here in this window.

In order to ensure a level playing field in the competition for the innovation fund, all eligible universities will be grouped in A, B and C on the basis of their absolute number of full-time teachers holding Ph.D degree. Among the three groups of universities 60%, 30% and 10% respectively of the available AIF resource will be apportioned in the first round. However, there will be a ceiling on funding to each institution within a group. No university will get more than 30% of the total AIF allocation under the relevant group.
Copyright © 2010 HEQEP. All rights reserved
Designed & Developed By MicroMac Techno Valley Ltd.